Friday, August 29, 2008

Just some thoughts...

Perhaps people that work the events can appreciate my point of view more than the average person that attends a show? But, has it gotten to the point where over the years everyone has become so laid back (apathetic really) that formalities have been completely forgotten? Case in point: while dj'ing on stage or while emcee's are performing, friends/acquantances of said dj or emcee, stroll up on stage to say goodbye or say whassup and try and talk. I guess this is more of said dj than emcee. It hasn't gotten so bad that people are bothering an emcee while they're performing, however I'm a dj, so perhaps emcee's can divulge their own scenarios.

Bottom line is, I'm tired of it and I think that situations as such can be amounted to the vast growing number of 'half assed' shows. Well, I grew up on Kane and there "Ain't No Half Steppin'"!!!! If small things like show bouncers were blocking people from 'strolling' on stage, perhaps this would contribute a small piece towards performing a better show for crowds. It took me a long time to realise that some of the so called 'bullshit' (tedious extras) are actually instilled for a fucking reason.

I'm all for doing away with unnecessary formalities that perhaps shouldn't exist, however I am all for some formalities in order to put on a more professional and entertaining show for spectators. What goes around comes around. Weak show, weak turn-outs. Solid show, solid turn-outs.

No disrespect homie, but I'll check you later... I'M WORKING RIGHT NOW!

No comments: